Corpus of Electronic Texts Edition: T303020
The Little Brawl at Almhain
Background details and bibliographic information
File DescriptionStandish Hayes O'Grady
Translated into English by Standish Hayes O'Grady
Electronic edition compiled and proof corrections by Beatrix Färber
Funded by UCC, School of History
1. First draft, revised and corrected.
Extent of text: 3245 words
CELT: Corpus of Electronic Texts: a project of University College, Cork
College Road, Cork, Ireland (2016)
Distributed by CELT online at University College, Cork, Ireland.
Text ID Number: T303020
Available with prior consent of the CELT project for purposes of academic research and teaching.
Manuscript sources for the Irish original
- London, British Library, Additional 18747, f. 99105.
Edition and translation
- See below.
- Kuno Meyer, 'Introduction', in: id., Fianaigecht: being a collection of hitherto inedited Irish poems and tales relating to Finn and his Fiana, Todd Lecture Series 16, London: Hodges, Figgis, 1910.
The edition used in the digital edition
- Standish Hayes O'Grady, The Little Brawl at Almhain in Silva Gadelica. volume II, London, Williams and Norgate (1892) page 378385
CELT: Corpus of Electronic Texts
The electronic text covers pages 378385. The Irish original is available in a separate file, G303020.
Text has been proof-read twice.
The electronic text represents the edited text. Paragraphs have been numbered.
There is no direct speech.
When a hyphenated word (hard or soft) crosses a page-break, the page-break is marked after the completion of the hyphenated word (and punctuation).
div0=the tale; p=the paragraph. Page-breaks are marked pb n=""/.
Names are not tagged.
Created: By Standish Hayes O'Grady.
Use of language
Language: [EN] The translation is in English.
Language: [GA] The original title and some words in the text are in Irish.
Language: [LA] One word is in Latin.
Beatrix Färber (ed.)
- SGML and HTML files created.
Beatrix Färber (ed.)
- File captured, proofread (1,2); encoded; header created; file parsed and validated.