Corpus of Electronic Texts Edition: E890000-012
Swallows of Allah
Author: Patrick Augustine Sheehan
Background details and bibliographic information
Electronic edition compiled by Benjamin Hazard
Funded by School of History, University College, Cork and
1. First draft
Extent of text: 890 words
CELT: Corpus of Electronic Texts: a project of University College, Cork
College Road, Cork, Ireland http://www.ucc.ie/celt (2014)
Distributed by CELT online at University College, Cork, Ireland.
Text ID Number: E890000-012
Available with prior consent of the CELT programme for purposes of academic research and teaching only.
- [Details to follow].
Canon Sheehan on the Internet
- Canon P.A. Sheehan, 'Swallows of Allah,' The Irish Monthly, 26/305 (November 1898) 601602.
- Canon P.A. Sheehan, 'Swallows of Allah,' in Cithara Mea; Poems (Boston 1900) 195197.
- Herman Joseph Heuser, Canon Sheehan of Doneraile: the story of an Irish parish priest as told chiefly by himself in books, personal memoirs, and letters (New York 1917).
- Arthur Coussens. P. A. Sheehan, zijn leven en zijn werken (Brugge/Bruges 1923).
- Michael P. Linehan, Canon Sheehan of Doneraile: Priest, Novelist, Man of Letters (Dublin 1952).
- James O'Brien (ed.), The Collected Letters of Canon Sheehan of Doneraile, 18831913 (Wells 2013).
- James O'Brien, Canon Sheehan of Doneraile 18521913: Outlines for a Literary Biography (Wells 2013). [Bibliographical references 205-11.]
The edition used in the digital edition
- , Swallows of Allah in The Irish Monthly: A Magazine of General Literature, Ed. Matthew Russell SJ. , Dublin, Irish Jesuit Province (November 1898) page 601602
CELT: Corpus of Electronic Texts
The electronic text represents the edited version. An editorial footnote is included using note type="auth" n="".
Text has been checked and proof-read once.
The electronic text represents the edited text.
There are no quotations.
Soft hyphens are silently removed. When a hyphenated word (hard or soft) crosses a page-break or line-break, the page-break and line-break are marked after the completion of the hyphenated word.
div0 = the poem. Metrical lines, line-breaks and stanzas are marked and numbered.
There are no dates.
Names of persons and places are not tagged.
Created: By Patrick Augustine Sheehan (18521913)
Use of language
Language: [EN] The text is in English.
Language: [LA] One word is in Latin.
Language: [AR] One word is in Arabic.