Corpus of Electronic Texts Edition: T303027
Comrac Liadaine ocus Cuirithir
Background details and bibliographic information
File DescriptionKuno Meyer
translated by Kuno MeyerElectronic edition compiled by Emer Purcell
Funded by University College, Cork and
The HEA via the LDT Project.
proof corrections by Emer Purcell
2. Second draft.
Extent of text:
CELT: Corpus of Electronic Texts: a project of the Department of History, University College, Cork
College Road, Cork, Irelandhttp://www.ucc.ie/celt (2006) (2010)
Distributed by CELT online at University College, Cork, Ireland.
Text ID Number: T303027
Available with prior consent of the CELT project for purposes of academic research and teaching only.
Manuscript sources for the Irish text
- London, British Library, Harl. 5280, fo. 26f.
- Dublin, Trinity College Library, MS 1337, 759f. (olim H. 3. 18).
- Kuno Meyer (ed. & tr.), Comrac Liadaine ocus Cuirithir or Liadain and Curithir; an Irish love-story of the ninth century (London 1902). This edition is also available online at http://www.univie.ac.at/indogermanistik/download/texte/Comracc_Liadaine_ocus_Cuirithir.htm#m
- English translation: P. L. Henry, Dánta Ban, pp. 5259.
- For a new edition by David Stifter, see: http://www.univie.ac.at/indogermanistik/download/texte/Comracc_Liadaine_ocus_Cuirithir.htm#s
- For an English translation of the new edition by Liz Gabay, see http://www.univie.ac.at/indogermanistik/download/texte/Comracc_Liadaine_ocus_Cuirithir.htm#g
- Eugene O'Curry, Lectures on the manuscript materials of ancient Irish history (New York 1861).
- Kuno Meyer (ed. & tr.), 'Stories and songs from Irish MSS', Otia Merseiana 1 (1899) 113128.
- Brian Ó Cuív, 'A quatrain from "Líadain and Cuirithir"', Éigse; 6 (19457) 229230.
- Anders Ahlqvist, 'A line in Líadan and Cuirithir', Peritia 1 (1982) 334.
- For editions/translations the poem 'Cen áinius' see also http://www.ucc.ie/celt/published/G400035/index.html
The edition used in the digital edition
- Comrac Liadaine ocus Cuirithir. Kuno Meyer (ed), First edition [30pp.; 59 Introduction; Text 1227; 2830 Glossary.] D. NuttLondon (1902)
CELT: Corpus of Electronic Texts
The present text represents uneven pages 1327 of the volume. All editorial introduction, notes and indexes have been omitted.
Text has been proof-read twice.
The electronic text represents the edited text.
There are no quotations.
Soft hyphens are silently removed. When a hyphenated word (hard or soft) crosses a page-break, this break is marked after the completion of the hyphenated word.
div0=the whole text; stanzas are marked lg. Paragraphs are marked p.
Names are not tagged, nor are terms for cultural and social roles.
Created: Translation by Kuno Meyer
Use of language
Language: [EN] The text is in English.