- Woe to him who bears enmity,
would that he had not been born or brought forth!
whether it be a woman or a man that bear it,
may the two not reach holy Heaven!
- Seldom is there a league of three
without one of them murmuring;
blackthorns and briars have torn me
so that I am the murmurer.
- A crazy woman fleeing from her man
however, it is a strange tale
a man without clothes, without shoes,
fleeing before the woman.
- Our desire when the wild ducks come
at Samhuin, up to May-day,
in each brown wood without scarcity
to be in ivy-branches.
- Water of bright Glen Bolcain,
listening to its many birds;
its melodious, rushing streams,
its islands and its rivers.
- Its sheltering holly and its hazels,
its leaves, its brambles, its acorns,
its delicious, fresh berries,
its nuts, its refreshing sloes.
- The number of its packs of hounds in woods,
the bellowing of its stags,
its pure water without prohibition;
'tis not I that hated it.