Corpus of Electronic Texts Edition: T201036
The Life of Colman Son of Luachan
Background details and bibliographic information
File DescriptionKuno Meyer
translated by Kuno MeyerElectronic edition compiled and proof corrections by Ruth Murphy
Funded by University College, Cork and
The Higher Education Authority via the LDT Project
2. Second draft, revised and corrected.
Extent of text:
CELT: Corpus of Electronic Texts: a project of the Department of History at University College, Cork
College Road, Cork, Irelandhttp://www.ucc.ie/celt (2008) (2010)
Distributed by CELT online at University College, Cork, Ireland.
Text ID Number: T201036
Available with prior consent of the CELT programme for purposes of academic research and teaching only.
Manuscript Source of Irish text
- Rennes, Bibliothèque Municipale, Ms 598 al. Ms irlandais, ff. 7589; 15th century, origin Kilcrea Franciscan Friary, Co Cork.
Editions/translations and secondary literature
- Kuno Meyer (ed. and trans.), Betha Colmáin maic Lúacháin, Todd Lecture Series 17 (Dublin 1911) [from Rennes, Bibl. Muncipale 598].
- Life of Colman of Lynn = Betha Colmain Lainne, translated by Kuno Meyer; edited by Leo Daly. (Dublin 1999).
- Georges Dottin, 'Le manuscrit irlandais de la Bibliothèque de Rennes', Revue Celtique 15 (1894) 7991.
- Douglas Hyde, 'Deux notes du manuscrit irlandais de Rennes', Revue Celtique 16 (1895) 420.
- Donnchadh Ó Corráin, 'Ad Betha Colmáin maic Lúacháin, 50.5350', Peritia 10 (1996).
The edition used in the digital edition
- Betha Colmáin maic Lúacháin: The Life of Colman Son of Luachan; edited from a manuscript in the Library of Rennes, with translation, introduction, notes and indices. Kuno Meyer (ed), First edition [xvii+ 142 pp] Hodges, Figgis/Williams & NorgateDublin/London (1911) . Todd Lecture Series. , No. 17
CELT: Corpus of Electronic Texts
The present text represents pages 3107 of the volume.
Text has been checked and proof-read twice.
The electronic text represents the edited text. The editor's corrections are marked corr sic resp="KM", with the erroneous form retained in the sic attribute. Expansions are marked ex. Names are capitalized in line with CELT practice. A selection of notes has been included, more literal translations have not been reproduced.
Direct speech is marked q.
When a hyphenated word (hard or soft) crosses a page-break, this break is marked after completion of the hyphenated word.
div0=the saint's life; paragraphs are numbered; page-breaks are marked pb n="".
Names are not tagged, nor are terms for cultural and social roles.
Created: Translation by Kuno Meyer.
Use of language
Language: [EN] The text is in English.
Language: [GA] Some words are in Irish.
Language: [LA] Some words are in Latin.