Corpus of Electronic Texts Edition
The Metrical Dindshenchas (Author: [unknown])
MAG LÉNA II
- The swine of Mac Dá Thó, that chieftain richly clad, was no bare-boned starveling: for seven years' space, without deceit, sixty strippers were milked to feed it.
- Famous was the goodly belauded beast, as is sounded forth in story, without hiding the treachery that destroyed it: forty oxen toiled to nourish it.
- Its mighty tail alone on the cart-frame was nine men's load, strangest of bloody sights! Conall Cernach devoured it, while he was making the brave bountiful division.
- Though Ailbe of the bright cheeks escapedthat hound whose pleasure was in combat: though he repelled attacks from the place, it was none the poorer for the great pig also.
- Mess Gegra and noble Mess Roida were two sons of Da Tho, host of the mighty troops; Mess Roida's son, he it wasalas! that fed the great swine to fatness.
- The five noble fifths of Erin came to him once in full array; their rivalry brought them to him: great was that following of a single swine!