Corpus of Electronic Texts Edition
The Metrical Dindshenchas (Author: [unknown])
- Know ye the reason for the name of Lusmag with its bright splendour? before the battle of Mag Tuired yonder it was called Mag Muired Moncaide.
- From the battle of Mag Tuired in the north its name was Lusmag of warlike prowess: there blameless Diancecht applied a herb to every wound to heal it.
- He brayed each herb, clever device, here by the spring of Slange: at bloody Achad Abla he succoured grateful kings.
- Every warrior he laid under the water would rise up sleek and sound, without blemish, spot, or hurt on visage or noble body.
- Thus arose of yore the name Lusmag of the voluble physicians; of the skill of Diancecht lord of spells under guidance it hath well learned a tale.