Corpus of Electronic Texts Edition
The Metrical Dindshenchas (Author: [unknown])
- Ard Fothaidknow ye the chieftain whose land it was? the gentle Fothaid Airgthech long possessed itwe hide it not.
- Many a horror, many a hidden snare wherewith the generous hero contended did Fothaid meet, we know,Fothaid son of Lugaid, son of Macnia.
- A month and a half on his soldier's bed he lay here, without deed of blood, under an infliction that robbed his senses, unvisited of kings and princes.
- He fell asleep at the song of the hen of Boirche, lord of champions; bright Fothaid, the host-leader, returned not to his home.
- May the radiant Ruler of the seven tranquil spheres, the glorious King of the spear-men, the high noble and puissant King, not cast me into the slumber of an endless trance!