Corpus of Electronic Texts Edition
The Metrical Dindshenchas (Author: [unknown])
- Miss, daughter of mighty Mairid
son of Cairid Red-Sword,
took a mountain as her own special portion
for ever over the genuine line of Dedad.
- 5] When the children of great, active Mairid
left the land of the son of Sen
(Echaid and Ri, royal the band,
first beginning of a host free from mischance)
- Coemgen, stern wound-scarred,
10] had to wife a noble woman chosen from the host,
Miss, who obtained, never to part from it,
the noble hill of Senach as her bride-gift.
- Fierce Senach, son of keen Dedad,
it is there he died, on the mountain:
15] there close covered by the sod is
his rath, with the wail for his defeat.
- Miss, the much-loved daughter of Mairid,
above the thickets of the troops, acquired
by covenant, with eagerness not slight,
20] the noble, lucky title of the mountain of Sen-Miss.