Corpus of Electronic Texts Edition
The Metrical Dindshenchas (Author: [unknown])
Sliab Mairge II
- Margg, son of Giusca, fair of form,
son of Lodan Liath from Luachair,
came, in spite of fasting from food,
to the house of Eochu Muniste.
- 5] The noble steward came
from the powerful king of the hundred ears
to demand tribute afar
to the house of the valiant king of the Galian.
- This was the tax that was expected of him,
10] fifty oxen, excellent cattle;
hurtful to the chieftain's guest was
his portion of meat on that same spot.
- As the champion's drink did not arrive
along with the warrior's food,
15] thirst killed him thereafter by its violence,
over against old Sliab Mairge.
- There his parting from his people came to pass,
when he was slain at Belach Edind,
when great Marg met his death
20] among the host of the high territories.