Corpus of Electronic Texts Edition
The Metrical Dindshenchas (Author: [unknown])
Ath Fadat II
- Liath Lurgan, pilot of the sharp weapon,
lived here from hill to hill,
a mighty man from Offaly of the feasts;
no ten men were a match for him.
- 5] The three daughters of the hero (no weakling he!)
Doe, Caichni, and Fadat,
suffered degradation of shape,
because their lord forsook them.
- They came to Lind na Tarb
10] these three damsels (harsh is the tale)
and they saw a man's male features
beneath them a lasting blemish!
- Fadat turned her about (lasting the crime!)
to Ath Fadat to drown herself;
15] Doe went (sad the way!)
to Lind Doe to her final death.
- Caichni, Sinchell cured her whole,
soundly and honourably;
for her healing this was the payment,
20] the meadow-land she had from Liath of Lurgan.