Corpus of Electronic Texts Edition
The Metrical Dindshenchas (Author: [unknown])
- The daughter of Rodub, curly-haired, brave
son of Glas Gluar, son of Glas Gamain,
was wife of Enna son of Nos the valiant
who settled in the meadows of Etar.
- 5] She was a wizard, she was a noble poetess,
Rodub's daughter, of starlike beauty,
she was a prophetess to sing dirges for every chieftain,
till death by a single shot extinguished her.
- Enna had a wife fair and lovely,
10] Aide daughter of Ochind:
the son of slender Cnucha, who loved combat,
gave short span to Rodub's daughter.
- The daughter of Rodub conceived jealousy:
it was a journey that brought not good fortune,
15] when she sang a spell of the sea in the morning;
for slender Cnucha was no friend.
- Margin bright and brisk marked her;
the squire, by Ochind's high command
cast in her path a cunning ball
20] with which he shattered the daughter of king Rodub.
- The foe who killed her met his death
by her famous magnificent father:
the noble warrior was slain before sunset
after the destruction of Rodub's daughter.