Kalends of Jan. on 3rd feria, 24th of the moon, A.D. 1267-9.
The castle of Ros-Comain was built by Robert D'Ufford, Justiciary of Ireland and by the Foreigners of Ireland during the reign of Aedh, son of Feidhlimidh Ua Conchobuir. And Aedh himself was in sickness at that time and much of Connacht was despoiled and harried for the building of that castle.
The castle of Sligeach was built by Fitz Maurice.
Tadhg, son of Niall Mac Muiredhaigh,
p.343was killed in Oil-finn by an ill-mannered servitor of the retinue of his own kinsman.
Aedh, son of Domnall Ua Ferghaill, was killed by the Foreigners and by his own kinsmen.
Aedh Ua Finn, master of harmony, rested in Christ.
Brian, son of Domnall Ua Eaghra the Black, was killed by the Foreigners.
(David Ua Bragan, bishop of Clochar, who laboured courageously and faithfully in defence of justice and the right of the church of Clochar during the time of his life, died this year. And he was buried in the Monastery of Mellifont, for he was a monk of its monks before that.)