Corpus of Electronic Texts Edition: G402576
Créd fá seachnaim síol Aodha?
Author: Domhnall Ó Maoilchonaire
Background details and bibliographic information
File DescriptionLuke McInerney
edited by Luke McInerney
Rendered into TEI-XML by Beatrix Färber
Funded by University College Cork.
1. First draft.
Extent of text: 1340 words
CELT: Corpus of Electronic Texts: a project of University College, Cork
College Road, Cork, Irelandhttp://www.ucc.ie/celt (2013)
Distributed by CELT online at University College, Cork, Ireland.
Text ID Number: G402576
Available with prior consent of the CELT programme for purposes of academic research and teaching only. CELT is very grateful to Luke McInerney and the editor of Seanchas Ardmhacha, Mgr. Réamonn Ó Muirí for their permission to make this text available on CELT.
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 784 (olim 23 G 9), written by Aindrias MacCruitín, 1708.
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 488 (olim 23 N 12), written by M. mc P. Ó Longáin.
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 491 (olim 23 E 16), written by M. Óg Ó Longáin, 1797?
- Maynooth, Russell Library, MS M 107, written by Aodh Buí Mac Cruitín?, 1712.
- Maynooth, Russell Library, MS 2 M, written by M. Óg Ó Longáin, 1818.
- Luke McInerney has a webpage with further articles (including the full text of this one) on http://independent.academia.edu/LukeMcInerney.
- You will find more information on bardic poetry in general, and in particular, on Dr Katherine Simms' Irish Poetry Database hosted at http://www.bardic.celt.dias.ie.
Literature mentioned in the footnotes
- R. W. Twigge, The Pedigree of John MacNamara, Esquire, with some Family Reminiscences, 1908, reprint Ruan: Martin Breen 2006.
The edition used in the digital edition
- Luke McInerney, A sixteenth century bardic poem composed for Seán
Mac Conmara, Lord of West Clann Chuiléin in Seanchas Ardmhacha, Ed. Réamonn Ó Muirí. , Armagh, Cumann Seanchas Ardmhacha (Armagh Diocesan Historical Society) (2009) volume 22 page 127: 2427
CELT: Corpus of Electronic Texts
The text edited here is from RIA MS 784. The CELT edition covers pp 2426 and incorporates the editor's footnotes on p. 27. The English translation is available in a separate file on CELT.
Text was proofed by the editor, and checked and proof-read once at CELT.
The electronic texts represents the edited text. The editor's footnote has been integrated. In the CELT edition, footnote numbering runs separate in the English and Irish text. Manuscript foliation is not given.
There are no quotation marks.
Soft hyphens are silently removed. When a hyphenated word (hard or soft) crosses a page-break, the page-break is marked after the completion of the hyphenated word.
There are no dates within the poem.
Names of persons, groups or places are not tagged.
Created: Date range: c.15711572.
Use of language
Language: [GA] The poem in Classical Modern Irish.
Language: [EN] One editorial footnote is in English.