Corpus of Electronic Texts Edition: G402077
Sbéacláir na cruinne an chroch naomh
Author: Donnchadh Mór Ó Dálaigh
Background details and bibliographic information
Electronic edition compiled and proof-read by Margaret Lantry
Funded by University College Cork and
Professor Marianne McDonald via the CURIA Project.
3. Third draft.
Extent of text: 1560 words
CELT: Corpus of Electronic Texts: a project of University College Cork.
College Road, Cork, Irelandhttp://www.ucc.ie/celt (1997) (2008) (2014)
Distributed by CELT online at University College, Cork, Ireland.
Text ID Number: G402077
Available with prior consent of the CELT programme for purposes of academic research and teaching only.
- Castlerea (Co. Roscommon), Clonalis House, Book of the O'Conor Don, c. 1631, 66.
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 252, 93 (alias F vi 1: see Catalogue of Irish Manuscripts in the Royal Irish Academy, fasc. 5).
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 210, 124 (alias 23 N 35: see Catalogue of Irish Manuscripts in the Royal Irish Academy, fasc. 5).
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 492, 237 (alias 23 G 27: see Catalogue of Irish Manuscripts in the Royal Irish Academy, fasc. 11).
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 256, 48 (alias 23 G 23: see Catalogue of Irish Manuscripts in the Royal Irish Academy, fasc. 6).
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 255, 21 (alias F ii 3: see Catalogue of Irish Manuscripts in the Royal Irish Academy, fasc. 6).
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 709, 83 (alias 23 H 24: see Catalogue of Irish Manuscripts in the Royal Irish Academy, fasc. 17).
- Pádraig Ó Macháin (ed), The Book of the O'Conor Don (Dublin: DIAS 2010).
- An English translation is available in the Irish Monthly 50, 250.
- This poem is listed in the Irish Bardic Poetry Database as Sbeaclair na cruinne an Chroch Naomh (see http://bardic.celt.dias.ie/main.html) and not dated.
The edition used in the digital edition
- Láimhbheartach Mac Cionnaith, Sbéacláir na cruinne an chroch naomh in Dioghluim Dána, Ed. Láimhbheartach Mac Cionnaith. , Dublin, Oifig an tSoláthair [Government Publication
Office] (1938) page 162164
CELT: Corpus of Electronic Texts
All the editorial text with the corrections of the editor has been
retained. Variant readings and editorial annotations have not been
reproduced in this edition. Variants may be entered in a future
Text has been checked, proof-read and parsed using NSGMLS.
The electronic text represents the edited text. Compound words
have not been hyphenated after CELT practice.
There are no quotations.
The editorial practice of the hard-copy editor has been
div0=the whole text. Metrical lines and quatrains are
marked and numbered.
Names of persons (given names), and places are not tagged. Terms
for cultural and social roles are not tagged.
The n attribute of each text in this corpus carries a
unique identifying number for the whole text.
The title of the text is held as the first head
element within each text.
div0 is reserved for the
text (whether in one volume or many).
The numbered quatrains provide a canonical reference.
Created: By Donnchadh Mór Ó Dálaigh, an Irish bardic poet
Date range: c.12001250?.
Use of language
Language: [GA] The text is in Classical Modern Irish.