Corpus of Electronic Texts Edition: G303027
Comrac Liadaine ocus Cuirithir
Background details and bibliographic information
File DescriptionKuno Meyer
Electronic edition compiled by Emer Purcellproof corrections by Hilary Lavelle, University of Ulster at Coleraine
Funded by University College, Cork and
The HEA via the LDT Project.
1. First draft, revised and corrected.
Extent of text: 2250 words
CELT: Corpus of Electronic Texts: a project of the Department of History, University College, Cork
College Road, Cork, Ireland -- http://www.ucc.ie/celt (2006)
Distributed by CELT online at University College, Cork, Ireland.
Text ID Number: G303027
Available with prior consent of the CELT project for purposes of academic research and teaching only.
- London, British Library, Harl. 5280, fo. 26f.
- Dublin, Trinity College Library, MS 1337 (olim H. 3. 18) 759f.
- Kuno Meyer (ed. and tr.), Comrac Liadaine ocus Cuirithir or Liadain and Curithir; an Irish love-story of the ninth century (London 1902). This edition is also available online at http://www.univie.ac.at/indogermanistik/download/texte/Comracc_Liadaine_ocus_Cuirithir.htm#m
- English translation: P. L. Henry, Dánta Ban, pp. 5259.
- For a new edition by David Stifter, see: http://www.univie.ac.at/indogermanistik/download/texte/Comracc_Liadaine_ocus_Cuirithir.htm#s
- For an English translation of the new edition by Liz Gabay, see http://www.univie.ac.at/indogermanistik/download/texte/Comracc_Liadaine_ocus_Cuirithir.htm#g
- Eugene O'Curry, Lectures on the manuscript materials of ancient Irish history (New York 1861).
- Kuno Meyer (ed. and tr.), Stories and songs from Irish MSS, Otia Merseiana 1 (1899) 113128.
- Brian Ó Cuív, A quatrain from "Líadain and Cuirithir", Éigse; 6 (19457) 229230.
- Anders Ahlqvist, A line in Líadan and Cuirithir, Peritia 1 (1982) 334.
- For editions/translations of the poem 'Cen áinius' see also http://www.ucc.ie/celt/published/G400035/index.html
The edition used in the digital edition
- Comrac Liadaine ocus Cuirithir. Kuno Meyer (ed), First edition [30pp.; 59 Introduction; Text 1227; 2830 Glossary.] David NuttLondon (1902)
CELT: Corpus of Electronic Texts
The present text represents even pages 1226 of the volume. All editorial introduction, notes and indexes have been omitted.
Text has been proof-read twice.
The electronic text represents the edited text. Text supplied by the editor is tagged sup resp="KM". Expansions to the text are marked ex.
Direct speech is rendered q.
The editor's hyphenation has been retained.
div0=the whole text; stanzas are marked lg. Paragraphs are marked p; page-breaks are marked pb="nn". Line-breaks are marked lb and numbered every five lines. Unnumbered line-breaks are commented out.
Names are not tagged, nor are terms for cultural and social roles.
Created: By one or more unknown author(s)
Date range: 800-900.
Use of language
Language: [GA] Text is in Old and Middle Irish.
Language: [LA] Some words are in Latin.
Language: [EN] The witness list and some words in the annotations are in English.