Corpus of Electronic Texts Edition: G302013
Esnada Tige Buchet
Background details and bibliographic information
File DescriptionDavid Greene
Electronic edition compiled by Beatrix Färber , Audrey Murphy
Funded by University College, Cork and
Professor Marianne McDonald via the CELT Project
1. First draft, revised and corrected.
Extent of text: 4100 words
CELT: Corpus of Electronic Texts: a project of University College, Cork
College Road, Cork, Ireland.http:www.ucc.ie/celt (2000) (2008)
Distributed by CELT online at University College, Cork, Ireland.
Text ID Number: G302013
Available with prior consent of the CELT programme for purposes of
academic research and teaching only.
Hardcopy copyright lies with the School of Celtic Studies (Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies).
- Dublin, Trinity College Library, MS 1339, olim H. 2. 18, Book of Leinster, 270a 45271a 46.
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 535, olim 23 P 2, al. Yellow Book of Lecan, 113a114b4.
- Oxford, Bodleian Library, Rawlinson B 512, fo. 122ra8122vb15.
- Dublin, Trinity College Library, MS 1319 olim H. 2. 17, 4634.
- Oxford, Bodleian Library, Rawlinson B 502, fo. 73rb3173va49, shorter version varying in wording and omitting the rhetorical passages.
- Oxford, Bodleian Library, Rawlinson B 502, fo. 50ra1, metrical version derives from the prose.
- Whitley Stokes, The Songs of Buchet's House, In: Revue Celtique XXV (1904)1838; 225227. The Esnada Tige Buchet. Texts from Book of Leinster (270a) and Rawlinson B. 502 (fo. 73a), with variants from Yellow Book of Lecan, Rawlinson B 512, and H. 2. 17, T.C.D. translation, and Glossarial Index.
- Mary Hayden, The Songs of Buchet's House, In: Zeitschrift für Celtische Philologie viii (1912) 26173. Edition of Poem from Rawlinson B.502, p. 87a88a.
- See under Editions
- O'Rahilly, Buchet the Herdsman, in: Ériu 16 (1952) 520.
The edition used in the digital edition
- Fingal Rónáin and other stories. David Greene (ed), First edition [One volume. 89 + vi pp. vvi Foreword, pp 2728 Introduction, pp 2831 Text, pp 3141 Appendices, pp4244, notes.] Dublin Institute for Advanced StudiesDublin (1955) (Reprinted 1975) . Mediaeval and Modern Irish Series. , No. 16
CELT: Corpus of Electronic Texts
The present text represents pages 2741 of the volume.
Text has been checked and proofread once.
Length marks (macrons) have been retained in the master file.
Hyphens have been inserted after mutated words with h- and n- in anlaut. When a hyphenated word
(hard or soft) crosses a page break, the break is marked after the completion of the hyphenated word. Hyphens before line-breaks have been eliminated, with the words written in full before each line-break.
Personal names and place names have been tagged.
Created: By one or more unknown Irish monastic author(s). The story belongs to the later Old Irish period.
Date range: c.800-900?.
Use of language
Language: [GA] The whole text is in Old Irish.
Language: [EN] Editorial text containing English occurs in the appendix.