Corpus of Electronic Texts Edition: G302007
Conall Corc and the Corco Luigde
Background details and bibliographic information
File DescriptionKuno Meyer
Electronic edition compiled by Benjamin Hazard
Funded by University College, Cork and
The Higher Education Authority via the LDT Project
2. Third draft.
Extent of text: 2750 words
CELT: Corpus of Electronic Texts: a project of University College, Cork
College Road, Cork, Irelandhttp://www.ucc.ie/celt (2004) (2008) (2011)
Distributed by CELT online at University College, Cork, Ireland.
Text ID Number: G302007
Available with prior consent of the CELT programme for purposes of academic research and teaching only.
- Oxford, Bodleian Library MS. Laud 610, fo. 98a 199b 2. For details see Brian Ó Cuív (ed.), Catalogue of Irish manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford and Oxford College Library, 2 vols (Dublin: DIAS, 2001-2003) vol. 1, 6288.
Translation and commentary
- Vernam Hull, 'Conall Corc and the Corco Luigde', Proceedings of the Modern Language Association 62 (1947) 887909.
- Eoin MacNeill (ed.), 'The Dési genealogies (from the Book of Ballymote)', Journal of the Waterford & South East Ireland Archaeological Society 13 (1910) 4451, 8287, 15257.
- Eoin Mac Neill (=John Mac Neill), early Irish population-groups: their nomenclature, classification, and chronology, Ériu 3, part 1, 59100.
- Kuno Meyer (ed.), 'The Laud genealogies and tribal histories', ZCP 8 (1912) 292338, 41819 (corrigenda) [from Laud Misc. 610].
- R. I. Best, Bodleian MS. Laud 610, Celtica 3 (1956) 338339.
- Myles Dillon, Laud Misc. 610, Celtica 5 (1960) 6476.
- Myles Dillon, Laud Misc. 610 (cont.), Celtica 6 (1963) 135155.
- John V. Kelleher, 'The pre-Norman Irish genealogies', Irish Historical Studies 16 (1968) 138153.
- Francis John Byrne, Tribes and tribalism in early Ireland, Ériu 22 (1971) 128166.
- David N. Dumville, 'Kingship, genealogies, and regnal lists', in: P. H. Sawyer & I. N. Wood (eds.), Early medieval kingship (Leeds 1977) 72104.
- Donnchadh Ó Corráin, An chléir agus leann dúchais anallód: an ginealas, Léachtaí Cholm Cille 16 (1986) 7186.
- John Bradley (ed.), Settlement and society in medieval Ireland: studies presented to F. X. Martin (Dublin 1988).
- Donnchadh Ó Corráin, 'Creating the past: the early Irish genealogical tradition', Peritia, 12 (1998) 177208.
The edition used in the digital edition
- Kuno Meyer, Conall Corc and the Corco Luigde in Anecdota from Irish Manuscripts. Volume 3, Dublin, Hodges Figgis (1910) page 5763
CELT: Corpus of Electronic Texts
Text has been proof-read three times.
The electronic text represents the edited text. Expansions are marked ex. Names are capitalized in line with CELT practice. The editor's corrections are marked corr sic resp="KM", with the erroneous form retained in the 'sic' attribute. Footnotes are marked note type="auth" and numbered. Text in Latin is indicated.
Direct speech is marked q.
Soft hyphens are silently removed.
div0=the tale; div1=the editor's paragraph. Page-breaks are marked pb n="". Foliation is tagged mls n="" unit="folio".
Names are not tagged, nor are terms for cultural and social roles. Such encoding is envisaged in a revised edition.
Created: By (an) unknown Irish monastic author.
Date range: 9001200.
Use of language
Language: [GA] The text is in Middle Irish.
Language: [LA] Some passages are in Latin.
Language: [EN] Supplied title and editor's annotations are in English.