Corpus of Electronic Texts Edition: G300003
Die Verwandlungen des Tuan mac Cairill
Background details and bibliographic information
File DescriptionKuno Meyer
Electronic edition compiled by Donnchadh Ó Corráin
Funded by University College Cork and
Professor Marianne McDonald via the CURIA Project.
2. Second draft, revised and corrected.
Proof corrections by Donnchadh Ó Corráin
Extent of text: 1060 words
CELT: Corpus of Electronic Texts: a project of University College, Cork
College Road, Cork, Irelandhttp://www.ucc.ie/celt (1996) (2010)
Distributed by CELT online at University College, Cork, Ireland.
Text ID Number: G300003
Available with prior consent of the CELT programme for purposes of
academic research and teaching only.
- Oxford, Bodleian Library, MS Rawl. B 512, folio 98vb (the text is edited from this single manuscript).
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 535, folio 275, facsimile foliation (alias 23 P 2, alias Book of Lecan, early 15th century, vellum. Kathleen Mulchrone, The Book of Lecan, Facsimiles in Collotype of Irish Manuscripts II (Dublin: Irish Manuscripts Commission 1937); Catalogue of Irish Manuscripts in the Royal Irish Academy, pp 15511610).
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 536, page 25, facsimile pagination (alias 23 P 12 alias Book of Ballymote, 14th15th century, vellum. R. Atkinson (ed), Book of Ballymote [facsimile] (Dublin 1887); Catalogue of Irish Manuscripts in the Royal Irish Academy, pp 16101655).
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 619, page 41 (alias D iii 2, 18th cent., paper. Scribe: Aodh Ó Dálaigh. Catalogue of Irish
Manuscripts in the Royal Irish Academy, 194552).
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, MS 803, page 181 (alias 3 A 17, 19th cent., paper. Scribe: Joseph O'Longan. A copy of MS item 2. Catalogue
of Irish Manuscripts in the Royal Irish Academy, 251820).
- Kuno Meyer, Die Verwandlungen des Tuan mac Cairill, Zeitschrift für Celtische Philologie 3 (1901) 31.
- R. A. S. Macalister (ed), Lebar Gabála Erenn: the
Book of the taking of Ireland, Irish Texts Society 35, iii 80.
- R. A. S. Macalister (ed), Lebar Gabála Erenn: the Book of the taking of Ireland, Irish Texts Society 35, iii 81.
Sources, comment on the text, and secondary literature
- Kuno Meyer and Alfred Nutt, The voyage of Bran son of Febal to the Land of the Living. (An old Irish saga now first edited, with translation, notes, and glossary, by Kuno Meyer ...), vol. 2 (London 1897) 7682, 87, 93, 28501.
The edition used in the digital edition
- Kuno Meyer, Die Verwandlungen des Tuan mac Cairill Tuan mac Cairill ro clos in Zeitschrift für Celtische Philologie, Ed. Kuno Meyer and Ludwig Christian Stern. volume 3 (1901) pages 31
CELT: Corpus of Electronic Texts
All the editorial text with the corrections of the editor has been
retained. Mistaken editorial interference with the text is marked, and
the manuscript readings reported by the editor are recorded.
Text has been thoroughly checked, proof-read and parsed using
The electronic text represents the edited text. Compound words
have, however, been hyphenated after CELT practice.
There are no quotations.
div0=the tale. Metrical lines and quatrains are
marked and numbered.
Names of persons (given names), and places are tagged. Terms for
cultural and social roles are tagged.
The n attribute of each text in this corpus carries a
unique identifying number for the whole text.
The title of the text is held as the first head
element within each text.
div0 is reserved for the
text (whether in one volume or many).
The numbered quatrains provide a canonical reference.
Created: By an unknown Irish monastic scholar.
Date range: 10001200.
Use of language
Language: [GA] Whole text is in Middle Irish.