Corpus of Electronic Texts Edition: G100046
Nekrolog auf Art Buidhe mac Domhnaill Riabhaigh
Background details and bibliographic information
File DescriptionKuno Meyer
Electronic edition compiled by Beatrix Färber
Funded by University College, Cork and
Professor Marianne McDonald via the CELT Project
1. First draft, revised and corrected.
Extent of text: 980 words
CELT: Corpus of Electronic Texts: a project of University College, Cork
College Road, Cork, Irelandhttp://www.ucc.ie/celt (2004) (2008)
Distributed by CELT online at University College, Cork, Ireland.
Text ID Number: G100046
Available with prior consent of the CELT programme for purposes of academic research and teaching only.
- London, British Library MS Egerton 1782 fo. 3-4. "Written on two tiny pieces of parchment, and bound into the MS at its beginning." (K. Meyer). For details, see Robin Flower (ed.), Catalogue of Irish manuscripts in the British Library, formerly the British Museum (London, 1926), 259-298: 260. According to Flower, the last sentence is in "the same hand, but a different ink, as though added later". He describes the scribal entry as "obit and eulogy of Art buidhe Mac Murchadha Caomhánach, who died, according to this note, in the Franciscan house at Enniscorthy, co. Wexford, on the feast of St. Catherine, 25 November, 1517."
- Kenneth W. Nicholls, "The Kavanaghs, 14001700", in The Irish Genealogist 5 (1978) 730734.
- Benjamin J. Hazard, "Gaelic political scripture: Uí Mhaoil Chonaire scribes and the Book of Mac Murchadha Caomhánach", in: Proceedings of the Twenty-third Annual Harvard Celtic Colloquium 2003 (Harvard 2009) 149164.
The edition used in the digital edition
- Kuno Meyer, Nekrolog auf Art Buidhe mac Domhnaill Riabhaigh in Zeitschrift für Celtische Philologie. Volume 8, Halle/Saale, Max Niemeyer (1912) page 111
CELT: Corpus of Electronic Texts
Text has been checked and proof-read twice.
The electronic text represents the edited text. In Meyer's edition, the acute accent and the macron are used to mark long vowels. Both are retained. Editorial corrections are tagged corr sic="" resp="KM" with the corrected form given in the 'sic' attribute. Expansions are marked ex, and editorial notes are tagged note type="auth" n="", or integrated into the markup. Text other than in Irish is indicated. Names are capitalized in line with CELT practice.
There are no quotations.
Hyphenation was introduced.
div0=the eulogy. Page breaks are marked pb n="". MS foliation is tagged mls unit="folio" n="".
Names are not tagged, nor are terms for cultural and social roles.
Created: By an author associated with Art Buidhe Mac Murchadha Caomhánach
Date range: 1517-1518.
Use of language
Language: [GA] Text is in Early Modern Irish.
Language: [LA] Some words are in Latin.
Language: [DE] Some words and footnotes are in German.