Corpus of Electronic Texts Edition: G100044A
The three drinking-horns of Cormac úa Cuinn
Background details and bibliographic information
File DescriptionE. J. Gwynn
Electronic edition compiled by Benjamin Hazard
Funded by University College, Cork and
The Higher Education Authority via the LDT Project
2. Second draft
Extent of text: 1375 words
CELT: Corpus of Electronic Texts: a project of University College, Cork
College Road, Cork, Irelandhttp://www.ucc.ie/celt (2004) (2010)
Distributed by CELT online at University College, Cork, Ireland.
Text ID Number: G100044A
Available with prior consent of the CELT programme for purposes of academic research and teaching only.
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, 23 O 48 (Liber Flavus Fergusiorum). Vellum; ca. 143540; for details see Kathleen Mulchrone, T. F. O'Rahilly et al. (eds.), Catalogue of Irish Manuscripts in the Royal Irish Academy (Dublin 192643) MS 476, pp. 125473.
- Dublin, Royal Irish Academy, 23 N 10, 5656i; for details see Richard Irvine Best (ed.), Ms. 23 N 10 (formerly Betham 145) in the Library of the Royal Irish Academy: with descriptive introduction (Dublin 1954), xiv; see also Kathleen Mulchrone, T. F. O'Rahilly et al. (eds.), Catalogue of Irish Manuscripts in the Royal Irish Academy (Dublin 192643), MS 967, pp. 276980.
Editions and translations
- E. J. Gwynn (ed. and trans.), The three drinking horns of Cormac úa Cuinn (From the Liber Flavus Fergusiorum), Ériu 2 (1905) 18688.
- Kuno Meyer (ed.), Abenteuer Königs Aed Oirdnide, Mitteilungen aus irischen Handschriften, Zeitschrift für Celtische Philologie 8 (1912) 1023. (Available on CELT as file G100044.)
The edition used in the digital edition
- E. J. Gwynn, The three drinking horns of Cormac úa Cuinn [From the Liber Flavus Fergusiorum] in Ériu. Volume 2, Dublin, Royal Irish Academy (1905) page 186188
CELT: Corpus of Electronic Texts
The present text represents pages 186188 of E. J. Gwynn's printed edition. The English translation is available in a separate file.
Text has been checked and proof-read twice.
The electronic text represents the edited text. Editorial corrections are tagged corr sic="" resp="EG" with the corrected form given in the sic attribute. Expansions occurring within the sic attribute are in parentheses. Editorial notes are tagged note type="auth" n="".
Direct speech is tagged q.
Soft hyphens are silently removed. When a hyphenated word (hard or soft) crosses a page-break or line-break, this break is marked after the completion of the hyphenated word.
div0=the tale; page-breaks are marked pb n="".
Names are not tagged, nor are terms for cultural and social roles. Titles of books and journals are tagged.
Created: by an unknown author
Date range: 9001200.
Use of language
Language: [GA] The text is in Middle Irish.
Language: [EN] Some words are in English.
Language: [LA] One word is in Latin.