Corpus of Electronic Texts Edition: G100041
Gein Branduib maic Echach ocus Aedáin maic Gabráin inso sís.
Background details and bibliographic information
File DescriptionKuno Meyer
Electronic edition compiled by Beatrix Färber
Funded by University College, Cork and
Professor Marianne McDonald via the CELT Project
2. Second draft
Extent of text: 2200 words
CELT: Corpus of Electronic Texts: a project of University College, Cork
College Road, Cork, Irelandhttp://www.ucc.ie/celt/ (2002) (2008)
Distributed by CELT online at University College, Cork, Ireland.
Text ID Number: G100041
Available with prior consent of the CELT programme for purposes of academic research and teaching only.
- Rawlinson B 502, fo. 47 a147 b1. For a MS description see Kuno Meyer (ed.), Rawlinson B 502, a collection of pieces in prose and verse in the Irish language compiled during the eleventh and twelfth centuries, published in facsimile from the original manuscript in the Bodleian Library, with an Introduction and indexes (Oxford 1909). For further details see Brian Ó Cuív (ed.), Catalogue of Irish Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford and Oxford College Libraries, 2 volumes (Dublin: Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies, School of Celtic Studies, 20012003), vol. 1, 163200; vol. 2, plates 1521.
- Fragment: Rawlinson B 512, fo. 1 a1; see Cuív (ed.), Catalogue of Irish manuscripts in the Bodleian Library, vol. 1, 232244.
- Yellow Book of Lecan, p. 128a. See Robert Atkinson (ed.), The Yellow Book of Lecan, a collection of pieces, prose and verse, in the Irish language in part compiled at the end of the fourteenth century, published from the original manuscript in the library of Trinity College, Dublin by the Royal Irish Academy with an Introduction, Analysis of contents and Index (Dublin, 1896), 61. For catalogue details see T. K. Abbott (ed.), Catalogue of the manuscripts in the library of Trinity College, Dublin (Dublin, 1900), MS H.2.16 (1318), pp. 328337.
- Gein Branduib maic Echach ocus Aedáin maic Gabráin inso sís, Zeitschrift für Celtische Philologie 2, Max Niemeyer, Halle an der Saale (1899) 134137.
The edition used in the digital edition
- Kuno Meyer, Gein Branduib maic Echach ocus Aedá in maic Gabráin inso sís in Zeitschrift für Celtische Philologie. Volume 2, Halle/Saale, Max Niemeyer (1899) pages 134137
CELT: Corpus of Electronic Texts
The present text represents pages 134137 of the printed edition.
Text has been checked and proofread twice. All corrections and supplied text are tagged.
The electronic text represents the edited text. Initial h and n following eclipsis have been hyphenated off; infixed pronouns and notae augentes were hyphenated off; ro was written separately; characters with overdot were rendered character+h. Text supplied by the editor has been marked sup resp="KM", expansions ex resp="KM".
Direct speech has been tagged q.
div0=the saga; div1=the section of the Irish text and English translation; page-breaks are marked pb n="".
Personal, collective and place names have been tagged.
This text uses the DIV1 element to represent the section.
Created: By an unknown author.
Date range: 700900?.
Use of language
Language: [GA] Section 1 is in Old Irish.
Language: [LA] A closing formula is in Latin.
Language: [EN] Section 2 is in English.